Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Can I Blame It On The Daycare?

So, someone at Kaleb's daycare decided it would be a good idea to take the kids on the playground (with only one adult) this afternoon after it rained half the day. Kaleb promptly jumped in a mud puddle and got soaking wet. I sat him in his car seat on a towel, strapped him in, and drove home thankful we live close to the daycare. Upon arriving at home, I undressed him and put his wet, muddy self straight into the bath tub. While I had stepped out of the bath room to put some meat into the microwave to defrost, I heard Kaleb start hollering. I went back to the bathroom to find that he had pooped in the tub (in the minute-or-so I wasn't there) and was mad that he had gotten it on his hands and couldn't get it off. I shook it off him, dumped some faucet water over him, and brought him out to the kitchen sink to get him clean (because I had no place to put a wet, naked toddler while I cleaned the tub without giving him the chance to accidentally pee all over the place). I got him safely sitting down in the sink with some water running over him and ran back down the hallway to the bathroom to get his towel. When I returned (literally less than 30 seconds later) he had grabbed the kitched sink sprayer and was busy drenching the countertops, cabinets, and floor. I got him clean, dried, and dressed. Then I cleaned up the water all over the kitchen and started dinner, because by this time it was at least a half-hour past when I would normally have started dinner. Supper is almost ready, finally. I still don't have the mental energy to face the bathtub clean-up ahead of me. It's gonna have to wait a few minutes more.

So, the question is this: Can I blame the daycare, if it makes me feel better? :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts and share yours in return. Please remember that comments left of this blog are publicly visible. If you desire a private reply or wish to open a more lengthy dialogue, feel free to send me an email using the link/address in the bottom section of the page. Thanks!