Friday, April 30, 2010

My "Happy Mommy Moment" Today

Occasionally, I experience what I refer to as a "Happy Mommy Moment." It's just a fleeting second when something happens that remind you how totally glad I am to be a mommy, and especially to be the mommy of my wonderful child.

Today, on the way home from getting Kaleb from daycare, we stopped in at Publix to pick up a few things. As we walked up to the store from our car, I was holding Kaleb's hand and letting him walk in the parking lot with me like a big boy....he's heavy, and the lot wasn't very busy.

Anyhow, the sun was shining brightly on our backs, and it cast our shadows in front of us, so that we were always about to step on our own shadows. I glanced down, and saw this perfect shadow, of a child and mother walking together holding hands. It was like the live version of those photos you see on Mother's Day greeting cards. The sun was bright and unobstructed, and cast a perfectly clearly defined shadow of my child and me.

In that moment, I wished we could just stand there and admire our shadow for hours.....but it was hot, Kaleb was tired, and we were in the middle of the crosswalk. So, we went in and did our shopping. But, the precious image of our shadows is lingering in my mind's eye, and I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts and share yours in return. Please remember that comments left of this blog are publicly visible. If you desire a private reply or wish to open a more lengthy dialogue, feel free to send me an email using the link/address in the bottom section of the page. Thanks!