Friday, January 14, 2011

Poetry From Another Lifetime

Ok, so it's not really from another lifetime....but it was a different time in my life when I wrote this.

Holding Your Tears

That which comes from a fantasized embrace
Fire in my eyes and a tear down my face
With my eyes closed, only you in my sight
Still in my arms, not holding you tight
My eyes stay shut, waiting to find
All the while, indulging me blind
Someone comes to awaken...
Or could I be mistaken?
Opening my eyes, not to surrender my fantasy
I awake to a person with arms that surround me
Such time that has passed, my mind lacking flow
My eyes now aware that you aren't letting go
Your head over my shoulder, your heart begins crying
Rubbing your back to comfort, your years of love dying
Those years struggling just to keep my illusions
Now ready to release these confusions
Hush now, and have no fears
I have opened my hands to hold your tears




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts and share yours in return. Please remember that comments left of this blog are publicly visible. If you desire a private reply or wish to open a more lengthy dialogue, feel free to send me an email using the link/address in the bottom section of the page. Thanks!