Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Pensacola: Proof That Mother Nature has Multiple Personality Disorder!

Last night, Pensacola dropped into the low 20s!  As I write this, it is after 10:30 in the morning and the temperature is still below freezing outside.  The temperature isn't even expected to make it out of the low 40s today.  But, pop over to The Weather Channel, and one look at the 10-day forecast for this area will reveal that our projected high for Thursday (two days from now) is a mild 70º!!  Then, for the remainder of the 10-day forecast, the temps are expected to remain in the 40s at night and the mid-60s by day.  How does that make any sense?!

So, I saw signs of the overnight cold all over the place on my drive to work this morning: a few frozen mud puddles, several fallen tree branches, people bundled into so many layers that they waddled like penguins as they walked.  As I turned onto Olive Road, I noticed that I was running a bit earlier than usual.  As I passed the Casa Ole Mexican Restaurant on Olive, I was glad to have those few extra minutes.  I HAD to stop and take a picture of the fountain in front of the restaurant.  It was lovely, and not a sight we see often here in warm, sunny Florida.

Check it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts and share yours in return. Please remember that comments left of this blog are publicly visible. If you desire a private reply or wish to open a more lengthy dialogue, feel free to send me an email using the link/address in the bottom section of the page. Thanks!