Wednesday, July 14, 2010

You may think your "tan" looks good.....

But I have never in my life seen anyone who I thought looked better "tan" than they would look with their natural skin tone.  If you were born white, than white is what is most healthy for your skin.  If you were born yellow or brown or olive or black or any other color, that natural shade is what is most healthy for your skin.  I don't care what the lady behind the counter at the tanning salon told you about how healthy it is to build up a "base tan" before you start going to the beach for the summer.  A "base tan" is still just a tan, and ALL tans are built up by overexposure to UV rays.....which means you are damaging your skin every time you get a sunburn OR a suntan!

Yes, your tan may be trendy and stylish.  Sure, I may be out of vogue with my pale, un-tan-able skin.  That's fine with me!  In 20 or 30 years, I'll still have healthy skin, and you'll either be going broke paying your dermatologist for "miracle" cures or you'll look like an expensive leather handbag!  Either way, I'll be better off for never trying to get a tan.

For the record, it IS absolutely possible to go to the beach and spend lots of time in the sun without causing unnecessary damage to your skin.  Sunblock and beach umbrellas are both cheap.  Use them!


1 comment:

  1. That pale skin looks hot when paired with black lace lingerie under a black light in the bedroom. My boyfriend loves it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts and share yours in return. Please remember that comments left of this blog are publicly visible. If you desire a private reply or wish to open a more lengthy dialogue, feel free to send me an email using the link/address in the bottom section of the page. Thanks!