Thursday, October 27, 2011

Things I'm Thinking About

1.  Every single person I work with is grossly underpaid.  Even so, every morning we come back to work, and the majority of us have a smile on our faces.  By the end of each work day, most of us drag ourselves to our cars, wishing we never had to return.  Yet, the next morning, we're all back again with smiling faces.  Are we just the craziest of the crazy?  Lunacy is about the only explanation I can find for such numbers of otherwise-normal people being so willing to spend 180 days every year with children who don't care and dealing with parents who don't care.  Then we all report to politicians who have never taught anything.....probably even hired "other" people to teach their dogs how to not pee on the carpet....and have to live by their legislation of the educational system.  No wonder some of my 8th graders can't multiply 3 times 3 without a calculator!

2.  Why do older moms with one child often seem to think they know more about parenting than younger moms with one child?  Didn't we all learn it by experience, and often on the fly?  You don't know me; you don't know my child.  I'm not trying to tell you how to raise your child.  Leave me alone.



3.  If  we were to put a nationwide "None of the Above" option on every ballot for every election, would we ever actually be able to elect another political figure or fill another political office?  While I do make a priority of voting in every election in which I am allowed to vote, I can scarcely remember ever voting for someone other than what I considered to be the lesser of two evils.

4.  How is it right that people on Food Stamps can go to the grocery store and buy shrimp and fillet mignon, but people like me (not on food stamps) can only afford ground beef?  How do nearly 90% of the students at my school qualify for free lunches, yet they still come to school wearing brand new Nike shoes and name brand everything else?

5.  How could any self-respecting woman date someone who dressed this way?  Or has the world completely exhausted its supply of women with self-respect?

6.  When did being intelligent and educated and well-spoken become unattractive qualities?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts and share yours in return. Please remember that comments left of this blog are publicly visible. If you desire a private reply or wish to open a more lengthy dialogue, feel free to send me an email using the link/address in the bottom section of the page. Thanks!