Monday, August 16, 2010

A Big Boy Bed and a Mickey Mouse Pillowcase

Well, I've always heard that when your child grows old enough to climb out of his crib, it's time for a big kid bed.  And, so, today my baby became a big boy with a big boy bed and a Mickey Mouse pillowcase.....on his first pillow.  For someone who's supposed to symbolize the "Happiest Place on Earth," seeing Mickey Mouse in my son's be sure is making me sad today! 
Kaleb standing beside his big boy bed, 8-16-2010.
Until this past week, I think I had been in denial about how much my baby was growing up.  Now, all of a sudden, I've had to buy him bigger shoes (size 6, the biggest size before he goes from toddler shoes to little boy shoes) and convert his bed from a crib to a "big kid" toddler bed.  A glance at the growth chart on his closet door shows that he's grown almost a whole foot taller since birth.  He's walking and running and using a spoon and fork.  He can talk a lot.....though you kinda have to know him to understand most of it.

I guess eventually every parent goes through these feelings.  I just had thought I might not have to deal with this so soon.  I simply don't remember authorizing him to grow up so quickly!

All tucked in and ready for his first night in the big boy bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts and share yours in return. Please remember that comments left of this blog are publicly visible. If you desire a private reply or wish to open a more lengthy dialogue, feel free to send me an email using the link/address in the bottom section of the page. Thanks!