Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Fine Balancing Act

Tuesday (2 days ago) was the Spring Equinox.  I remember several time, during middle school, when the science teacher at my school would balance an egg on the table at the front of his classroom on the day of an equinox and leave it there all day.  Supposedly, this trick is only possible on an equinox because of the perfect balance of the earth and its gravitational fields, or something like that.  Anyhow, I thought it would be a fun thing to attempt myself, and I was pleasantly surprised to discover that, after 15 minutes of delicately trying to make a raw egg stand on it's fat end, I was finally able to accomplish it!  As soon as it was in place, I quickly snapped a photo, as I was afraid even breathing too hard would ruin what I had done.  I was right.  Within 5 minutes, the egg had rolled out of its upright position (and was punished by becoming part of my lunch).

As I mentioned, however, I did manage to snap several photos.  This is the best of them:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts and share yours in return. Please remember that comments left of this blog are publicly visible. If you desire a private reply or wish to open a more lengthy dialogue, feel free to send me an email using the link/address in the bottom section of the page. Thanks!