Monday, March 26, 2012

P52, Somewhat: Week 13, "Accessory"

This week's post almost had me stumped.  We have been given the topic "Accessory."

Let's face it: I'm totally not a girly-girl.  I don't wear make-up, I don't usually have the most trendy jewelry, and I don't really accessorize much at all.  I do own many little items that would qualify as accessories, but none of them were things that I felt were really all that important to me or things I thought would make a good photograph.  So when I hit that brick wall mental block, I did what any natural lexophile would do: I turned to the dictionary for ideas.

Here is what the dictionary told me:

That single definition lit up many areas of my mind, but it was this part that stood out the most: "Contributing to or aiding an activity or process."

I knew immediately what to photograph for this post.

I have spent more years of my life writing than not writing.  When I was a child, I wrote on paper with a pencil.  As I grew older, I filled notebooks, journals, and diaries full of my thoughts and stories and poems.  I graduated to writing on fine-ruled paper with ink, and spent most of high school writing "teenage" poetry and exchanging notes with friends back and forth all day.

However, even though I have written volumes over the years, most of that writing has never been seen by eyes other than my own.  I simply never had an efficient way to put my writing in front of interested readers.

Now that I'm an adult, my writing has become more confident and experienced.  I can sit down and write about most any topic I choose with relative ease.  Thanks to modern technology, I can publish my writing online to be read by anyone who's interested.  And, now that I have a laptop of my own, I can write anywhere I go and publish it anyplace with an internet connection.  So, this week, I have decided that the most important accessory in my life is my Toshiba laptop.



1 comment:

  1. Splendid idea! I do believe that is your most used and favorite accessory.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts and share yours in return. Please remember that comments left of this blog are publicly visible. If you desire a private reply or wish to open a more lengthy dialogue, feel free to send me an email using the link/address in the bottom section of the page. Thanks!