Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Two Truths Tuesday! (Vol. 1)

After deciding a while back that I'd like to work some sort of regular weekly feature into my blog, I finally hit upon the right inspiration during the first couple of weeks of school.  One of the Getting-To-Know-You games played in several of the classes I work with is called "Two Truths & A Lie."  Each participant writes down 3 facts about herself, two of which are truthful and a third which is an untruth (lie).  The players of the game take turns reading the facts they have written about themselves to the group, and then the rest of the group tries to guess which facts are truth and which are fiction.

So starting today, and for as many weeks as I can keep it up without becoming redundant, I will be playing this game with my readers!  Every Tuesday will be "Two Truths Tuesday," and I'll post all 3 of my facts.  The following day will be "One Lie Wednesday," when I will reveal which of the facts given was the untruth.  On the Tuesday post, feel free to leave your guesses about which facts you believe to be true or false.  If this feature becomes popular, I have several friends who have already agreed to donate prizes, which will be awarded to people randomly selected from those who guesses correctly about the {Truthiness} (thank you Stephen Colbert) of my posted facts!



Here we go, and I'm going to make the first round of this game a little simpler to make sure everyone catches on to how this works.  (That doesn't mean the answer is easier, just that the wording isn't tricky.)  Note: Only guesses posted as comments on this web page will be counted.  I will not count comments left on Red! Blog's Facebook Fan Page.

Fact 1:
When I was pregnant, I refused to even consider "girl names" for my baby, because I was so certain the baby would be a boy.

Fact 2:
The two highest-paying jobs I've had were Drug Treatment Facility Administration and Waffle House Waitress.

Fact 3:
Every car I have ever owned or driven on a regular basis was constantly stocked with a roll of duct tape, a roll of paper towels, and a roll of garbage bags.

Ok, post your guesses below and the answer will be revealed tomorrow night, One Lie Wednesday!


3 comments:

  1. Garbage bags and duct tape huh? Should I ask where the bodies are buried? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starla....maybe it's treasure I've got buried, nice and dry, wrapped in the tape and plastic! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure I am wrong but I am going to say 2.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts and share yours in return. Please remember that comments left of this blog are publicly visible. If you desire a private reply or wish to open a more lengthy dialogue, feel free to send me an email using the link/address in the bottom section of the page. Thanks!