Wednesday, January 4, 2012

P52, Somewhat: My Twist on a Challenging Project

So, a couple of days ago, a fellow blogger, of Bella Angel Blog, put up a post about a Photo-A-Week project/challenge she will be participating in this year.  It's called P52 ('p' for project), and emphasizes that the goal is to make you "Practice viewing the world in different ways, and push your creativity and hopefully your skills."

Now, by no stretch of the imagination am I a "real" photographer.  I like looking at photography, but when it comes to taking the photos, I can shoot a hundred pics before I come up with one I like enough to keep.  My photographic knowledge is limited to my Kodak point-and-shoot digital camera, for taking pictures of my son, our everyday life, and for sometimes getting "artsy" enough to attempt to get a decent shot of my flowers when they are in bloom.  Beyond that, I leave most photography to the pros.

So when I read her post about starting the project, I thought, "Oh, I can't wait to see what she does for all these posts!"  And then I began thinking about how often a photograph has inspired me to write.  Those thoughts progressed to, "If a photograph can inspire me to write, why couldn't the desire to write inspire me to take a picture?"


Well, I could find no real answer to that question.

And because I could not find a reason why my passion for writing couldn't inspire a photograph as easily as a photograph inspires writing, I have decided to attempt to participate in this P52 challenge.

It'll be a sort of experiment for me, a way of testing a hypothesis.  At left is the list of the photo prompts for each week of 2012.  I'll be posting my photos, along with their accompanying stories, in an intermittent blog series with posts that will be intermingled with the other posts and topics published here. Who knows?  Maybe this experiment will inspire some of my greatest writing!

I hope that my readers will enjoy following my progress with this challenge!  Feel free to leave your thoughts on any of my posts by using the comments feature at the bottom of each post's page.


1 comment:

  1. I love your idea to take it one step further. Brilliant! Can't wait to read and see what you come up with, and thanks for joining me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts and share yours in return. Please remember that comments left of this blog are publicly visible. If you desire a private reply or wish to open a more lengthy dialogue, feel free to send me an email using the link/address in the bottom section of the page. Thanks!