Saturday, February 25, 2012

(9Lo9i9D): 9 Places I Enjoy Shopping

Today's list is a list of 9 places, in no particular order, that I can actually say I enjoy shopping.  No, they may not be the only places I ever shop, but I sure wish they could be!
  1. Publix - Yes, I know it's only one of the many grocery stores in our area, and I am also aware that they are not the cheapest...they're not Walmart.  But they are pretty much comparable to Winn-Dixie or Food World price-wise, and the people who work there are so very polite and helpful.  The stores are cleaner than any other grocery places in town, the selection is great, and they always have some awesome specials and sales running.
  2. Shoe Station - DO you like shoes?  I do.  I love them.  And this store has the most amazing variety of any shoe store in Pensacola.  I can always find something beautiful to love there, which is why I never allow myself to go unless I am prepared, financially, to make a purchase.
  3. Lane Bryant - For plus-sized women, Lane Bryant is the clothing store equivalent to Mecca.  This isn't a store that sells skinny-girl clothes in "bigger" sizes too.  This is a store that sells clothes exclusively for plus-sized women like me!  And wanna know what makes it even better?  When one of my skinny-girl co-workers raves about a new shirt I'm wearing, I can smile and know that it isn't made in their size!
  4. Tuesday Morning - If you haven't been to this store, you really ought to go pay a visit sometime.  There's one here in Pensacola in the same shopping center as TJ Maxx and Shoe Station on Davis Hwy.  It's a bit of a variety store, and not always immaculately organized, so don't go if you're in a hurry.  But they always manage to carry some of those items that I see and immediately can't figure out how I've lived without!
  5. TJ Maxx - This is another store I never visit when I'm in a hurry, and never with the intention of buying anything but clothes (although they do carry home goods as well).  But it's a bit like panning for gold...you find more pyrite (junk) than real gold.  But that makes the real gold no less valuable!
  6. The Old Path Natural Herbs - This place is run by people with some rather wacky religious views.  However, I'm sure they'd think the same about my views, so I can't complain.  I've never purchased their "famous" tea (approx. $50 per gallon!), but they have very high quality dried herbs which come in handy for a wealth of other things that do fit into my spiritual practices.
  7. Barnes & Noble - Books are wonderful.  Affordable books are even better!  When I have the funds to purchase my books new, this is where I get them.  When I am in the market for used books, however, I make a trip to Hawsey's Book Index on Navy Blvd.
  8. Staples - I have a [probably unnatural] love of office supplies.  Shhh, don't tell anyone.  And now that Pensacola has a Staples, I can feed my addiction on a smaller budget.  I even own my very own "Easy Button."
  9. Ross - I first shopped at Ross when I was married and living in San Diego, and I loved it!  Several years after moving back to Pensacola, we got a Ross here (several, in fact) and I was happy to have that retail option back in my shopping life again.  Personally, I prefer the Davis Hwy. location, but they all have great deals!

What about you?  Where are your favorite places to shop?


2 comments:

  1. Good to know I'm not the only one with an affinity for office supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keri, I think it must be a teacher thing. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts and share yours in return. Please remember that comments left of this blog are publicly visible. If you desire a private reply or wish to open a more lengthy dialogue, feel free to send me an email using the link/address in the bottom section of the page. Thanks!