Monday, February 20, 2012

P52, Somewhat: Week 8, "Color"

This week's post topic is Color.  Color is something that has always been important in my life.  As a natural redhead, I can even go so far as to say that color—specifically the color red—has been a defining force in my life.  So, when a friend suggested that I might want my photo this week to be a red-centered photo, I agreed and set my mind to deciding what to photograph.

Red hair?  Red shoes?  Screen photo of this very blog?  There are hundreds of red things in my life.

However, the "red" I see most routinely and noticeably lately are the glowing red numbers on the display of the digital alarm clock on my bedside table.  These glowing red numbers are the first thing I see every morning when it's time to get up and start my day.  More importantly, these glowing red numbers are the last sight I see before going to bed each night.

Many times I sit in bed, blogging too late into the night, watching the time ticking past on the clock and counting down the hours and minutes until I'll have to wake back up....using the time on this clock to determine how much longer I can allow myself to stay up writing and still get enough sleep to function as a mother and at work the following day.  It's not uncommon for me to see the time change from one day to the next before finally satiating by writing needs enough that I can get some sleep.


So, my photo this week is actually a series of 3 photos, taken not very far apart.
  1. 11:59p.m.
  2. The mid-point between 11:59 and midnight.
  3. 12:00a.m. (midnight)
 "Time is Red" by Sarah R. Getz, 2-20-2012, for P52 Photo-A-Week challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts and share yours in return. Please remember that comments left of this blog are publicly visible. If you desire a private reply or wish to open a more lengthy dialogue, feel free to send me an email using the link/address in the bottom section of the page. Thanks!